Saturday, November 27, 2010

wheels are back


Sitting in my car on College Street last night. Rain, rain, rain...
Yep, my car:)
Got it back yesterday noon with all tires plump and ready to go.
It cost me $113, plus a day lost, plus car out of commission for 24 hours, plus a call to CAA and visit, plus some nail biting, plus the $55 for the initial tire change at Costco!!!!

So, it turns out that the sensors were not damaged ( hooray) but had been jostled and were causing air to leak out of the tires. I plan on going back to Costco and getting the extra money I spent thanks to their error. The mechanic there said that the sensors had probably just given up the ghost, not their problem, go to the dealer. Yeah right, I drive in everything is fine and five minutes after I leave, the sensor light is on and tires are deflating.

Anyway, I'm happy to have my wheels and will take the next step later this week. Thanks for all your support! Speaking about support:) .....I'd love your vote here, my competitive spirit has been fired up, I am neck and neck with another blog. Actually there is one other that is way ahead but let's not think about that. I am surprised that I am so charged about this. Really, looking at the big picture it is not important, I mean.....you know...... but......I think being close to having a chance makes it ridiculously compelling. Voting ends tomorrow:)

Also, I'll be back at the Halifax Seaport Market again tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

6 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

Just voted!!! I hope you win!

The Words Crafter said...

I'm really glad you got all that straightened out and good for you! BTW, I voted for you! :)

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Love that photo!... going to vote...

fromsophiesview said...

Yes sirree...I voted too! Fingers crossed! Are you sitting near Just Us cafe? My fave place...Americano please!

Unknown said...

Voted! Am glad the car is back on all fours (so to speak). We don't have rain but it was 28ยบ last night and my toes is froze. :-D

♥namaste♥

Sara said...

got another vote in before it ended...fingers crossed for you!
Frustrating about the tires, but love your photo!