Monday, March 5, 2012

Morning light and the Titanic

This was how the sky looked outside my window this morning! We had a soft snow fall last night and all is white again. So pretty but it won't last long. Spring is almost here.

I finished a painting of the Titanic yesterday. Such a handsome ship. There are many events and exhibits being held in Halifax this year.  I thought I would paint my own little commemorative picture in memory of the people who sadly perished that cold April night in 1912.  Halifax has very close ties with the Titanic.  It feels as though it is part of my history too, I've grown up with the tales and the places. Within walking distance of my house is a graveyard where many of the victims are buried. It is a poignant place to visit.
This is available as a print in my etsy shop

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alice, your photos are just sublime. And you never complain about the cold. Is it cold there, too?

aliceinparis said...

Hello! Thanks! Yes it gets cold. Today is cold but I'm not bothered because we are headed towards Spring and before we know it, the days will be mild and wonderful!

MsGraysea said...

Beautiful, beautiful poignant photograph. It has inspired a quilt. in me.....