Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Always a challenge...

One difficulty with being a self representing artist is that it is hard to get your work seen. I have had this 36 x36 abstract in my studio for quite a while now and although it is for sale, I am becoming quite attached to it and will now have trouble letting it go.:) 
The art business as with many others is all about numbers. The more people that see something or become aware of it, the greater the potential for an exchange. Win win. Painting is a very solitary occupation and I spend countless hours alone and yet it is getting that work in front of many people that will increase the odds of it bring pleasure to someone. From one to the many:) Tucked away in my studio, these masterpieces (ha) don`t get much exposure. I am working on a website that I hope will help achieve this.
If you have any advice I`m always open to listening....
 

No comments: