Thursday, March 1, 2018

Warehouse Market on Isleville Street

I discovered this on a walk today! The Warehouse Market (2867 Isleville Street) held on Thursdays and Fridays. I was meeting a friend for a coffee and arrived early so decided to have a stroll around the neighborhood. What a nice surprise to stumble upon it!
 
It was this little sign that caught my eye and over I went to check it out...
The warehouse of Afishionado hosts Abundant Acres FarmHoldanca FarmsMaritime Gourmet Mushrooms Inc.Gold Island BakeryPop Culture Brew Co., and Expresso 46 Thursdays and Fridays 11-7pm and Saturday 9-1pm They also have a wide selection of frozen product and an ever-changing supply of fresh seafood
Espresso46 serves amazing coffee and mouth watering Italian hot chocolate, dark and classic:) through their little window on the world:) A well kept secret except to those who are fervent customers! I ventured into the market and was pleasantly surprised. It is a utilitarian place with a friendly vibe.
 
There was a nice selection of produce from Abundant Acres Farm. I purchased some fresh pea shoots.
 
I also bought one of these!! or at least I thought I did:) The watermelon daikon. A bright pink mild and sweet radish, the size of a large potato..I actually picked up the other one...more on that later...
They sell wonderful breads... One of which was a Rye, Walnut and Prune bread which really appealed to me, but next time I will try it.
Fresh Shitake mushrooms...
There were quite a few people there filling their bags with produce and eggs and yummy goodies to take home.This little child was fascinated with me snapping away on my iphone:)

We became friends...
 So back to the Daikon.....when I got home and peeled it, I got this!!!

 and then this... after slicing into thin coins.
 
I then did this......
and added pea shoots, some pepito seeds salt/ pepper and tossed it all with a mild vinagrette! Yum! Purple Peaple Salad. The radish is crunchy and mild and slightly sweet.
So if you find yourself in the North end of the city on a Thursday or Friday or Saturday morning. Pop in and have a visit...

No comments: