Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday


Some graffiti just off Blowers Street. Meow. Street art.

I am still excited from my excursion on Saturday. I love that sort of thing. Maybe in my next life I will be an Archeologist.:) I want to learn more about Isabelle Dodo, the Medicine Woman. I will go back with a picnic next time and sit near the water. Lots of beaver activity visible too. I think this one bit off more than he could lug:)


This morning I went to get some routine bloodwork done and had to wait for an hour and a half! Note to self... never go on a Monday morning. The good thing was, I got to read my latest book.
Wesley the Owl: The Remarkable Love Story of an Owl and His Girl A terrific true love story of an baby owl and a biologist who adopts him. It is WONDERFUL!!! Please do yourself a favour and borrow it from the library or purchase it. It is funny, fascinating and compelling! You will never look at owls the same way again:)
Now I am headed out again to buy some bone meal for dad's daffodils. I plant them every fall in a small park near here. The soil is poor and I thought it might be a good idea to give them a bit of help:) Have a great week!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Ohh I've subscribed. I like reading your happy thoughts of the day. Keep it up! n_n

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...ok, don't go to the dr. on monday and don't try to get a prescription filled on friday. madhouse to say the least. the book sounds interesting and fun, i will have to pick one up! i love daffodils. one of my favorites! xo, mickey

Jennifer said...

The book sounds fascinating. It's on my "to read" list ~ thanks.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

So many wonderful things to read since last I visited. I had to come back twice to soak it all up! You are such a good story teller and I just long to go on the walk you shared. Now I have books to read too! I love visiting you, Shelagh!