Thursday, July 30, 2009

steamy


Like the rest of the country, we've been having a summer of extremes with our weather. Swinging from one thing to the next. Yesterday it was very hot and humid. I felt like a limp noodle. Today it is grey and misty.
I still have an active feeder on the end of my deck and yesterday decided to go out and refresh some water I have in a small bowl for the little birds, butterflies, bees and squirrels that might need it. Well, there happened to be a wee squirrel feeding greedily on some seed and he dashed off at my approach and then proceeded to scream and chatter at me from a nearby branch. The nerve. I'm the one that feeds her! :)
Later in the afternoon I did see some chickadees taking quick sips from the water I poured. Especially in hot weather, it is nice to set out a saucer of water if you think of it. It will be appreciated.

This a trailer for a movie that I am really looking forward to:) I bet you will too once you have watched it:) A true story about John Keats the poet and Fanny. It is directed by Jane Campion who directed the Piano. Remember that one?

7 comments:

Char said...

I will have to check that movie out. Currently I'm waiting for Julie and Julia and of course I want to see Away We Go but the theaters here are not showing it.

Jeanne said...

Thanks for this link
I posted it on my blog the YOU Tube
link
Love you
Big hugs
Happy long holiday

Anne said...

Hi, Shelagh! Sorry about your ungrateful squirrel! Hopefully her manners will return when the weather gets a bit cooler. That movie looks very good! I didn't know about it until now ... and it will be going on my list! :-)

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...so now i have learned that not only are squirrels suicidal... they run out in front of cars when they were calmly munching on the side of the road...they are also ungrateful...but i still love those cute little critters don't you?! xo, mickey

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

First let me say I love your photo - it is brillant! Second our summer in upstate NY has been one extreme to the other too! Third I have started tp listen to "Anne of Green Gables" as I work in my studio and was thinking of you being in Nova Scotia. And fourth I can't wait for this movie to come out! I am going to try and put the trailer up on my blog too - once I figure out how to do such things.

Have a wonderful day.
Namaste,
Joan

Together We Save said...

Beautiful flowers.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Shelagh

Squirrel chatter is so screechy isn't it?

This movie looks divine... I hope to see it also.