Monday, December 28, 2009

quiet afternoon


You never know what you will find here:) From me begging you to donate to worthy causes to what I'm reading. This afternoon, I finally have settled in to read Tales from a Travelling Mum: Navigating Europe with a Babe-in-Arms by my pal, AliceGriffin. I've been following Alice's adventures for a while now through her blog. It is a delightful read written by a delightful person. Great for armchair travelers, families with a dream and those actually starting their planning:)

Also, remember that amaryllis I saved? Look how it has grown and not only that, a twin shoot grew from the same bulb alongside it and now is ready to burst into bloom also!

Monty approves....... I'm learning how to use my new lens:)


December Views

9 comments:

Kathy said...

What wonderful pictures! The flower is gorgeous and the kitty so cute!

Sara said...

Your photos are really good - but the one of Monty is adorable. He is so handsome.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

It has been quiet in blog land..many still busy, many recovering from calorie overload..lol
The book sounds good! I happily received many books for Christmas. Love the photo of Monty --he;s a handsome cat!
Hope you have a happy New Year's eve and a good year ahead.

Teresa said...

Looks like you use your new lens pretty good. These photos are so crisp. Great job!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Monty's gorgeous and so is that amaryllis!

Moose said...

Looks like the lens is preforming spectacular, nice and sharp...could be the photographer??? Send Monty over to Moose's blog, he might be jealous! Great rescue for the Amarylis. Tail Wags for a bright 2010.
~Moose

Alice said...

What a nice surprise to stop by and see my little offering to the book world nestled happily in your home. Ahhh how it made me smile!!!! Thank you and I truly do hope you have enjoyed/are enjoying even a little of our story. Your calendar is already up and I'm waiting to admire the first pretty picture... I'll let you know when it is turned and featured on my blog! Happy New Year and thank you for mentioning little ole' me ;-) xxx

Grass.hopper said...

Lovely photos...especially Monty. Your new lens looks like a good one!

olive said...

I found you through Alice's blog.... your calender looks really great. Used to live in Canada many years ago, never got to the East Coast unfortunately... another wish on my wish list.... have a great New Year.