Monday, August 30, 2010

sun and storm


Wow, the heat, the sun, the weather!!! We are having an amazing summer :) I am buckling down to work today and my daughter is headed to the ocean. Ah, surf and sand and sun sparkles. It is this time of year that the water becomes warm and swimable. It has been heating in the sun for these past few months and it is warmer than usual this year. Good news for swimmers and unfortunately hurricanes too. Those storms get their strength from the temperature of the surface water.

This is Earl you see below. Eeek! Saturday it will approach Nova Scotia and appears to still be a category 2 storm. Blame those warm waters. It can still veer off to sea. We have six days to watch it. Click on the picture to be taken to Wunderground and track it yourself.

4 comments:

lifeofmytime said...

I very much hope it veers off to sea and far away. One of my dearest friends is supposed to get married on a fishing boat on Saturday. She does have a back-up plan, but she so deserves a magical day.

Eco Yogini said...

oh- the HEAT. I am so not a fan of such hot weather. lol. But at least the autumn wind has arrived :)

Earl eh? sigh- no yoga in the park this weekend I guess....

jacque4u2c said...

go away! go away! go away and do not come back another day!!!! I really hopes it passes you by!

Sara said...

Funny...I just sat down to do a blog post and was going to post a photo of sunflowers. I procrastinated and read your blog instead...great minds think alike! I like hot, but this is a bit much. Fingers crossed that Earl heads out to the ocean and passes us by.