Friday, September 3, 2010

Ready for Earl


I've been really hot lately and I am so ready for Earl to cool me down:)

Hurricane Earl that is! This was the scene earlier today. Stocked up on some water and bits and pieces I forgot. Wine and snacks of course. Have my battery radio charged, cash in hand, water, extra batteries, flashlights, cat food, phone charged up, yard furniture put away, kettles filled, extra ice packs in the freezer. Yep, be prepared I say.

Earl has diminished in strength, category 1 now and may well arrive as a tropical storm but will still be packing high winds and rain. It is a huge storm. We shall see. Better to be prepared for power outages than not. Halifax is still under a Hurricane watch. He is supposed to arrive around six am. I'll be waiting for him:)

2 comments:

Ruth said...

wine and snacks. of course! :)

Gayle Price said...

I don't want to trivialise the seriousness of any hurricane, but Earl excites me !. I will be thinking of you and hope you stay safe. I 'm glad you have extra wine: always good for the nerves.