Sunday, October 2, 2011

So far so good


Seagull Cottage, original, 8 x 10 available on Etsy

So.....day 33 of my eating well program ( plant based, no added oil) and I am feeling great! Here's what has happened:

I have lost 12 pounds.
I have more energy.
It has not been difficult at all.
I eat a LOT.
I eat the same breakfast almost every day which keeps things easy. Ezekiel bread toasted with raspberry or currant jam and a sprinkling of PB2 powder( peanut flour without the fat) Just like PB&J on toast. I have tea with almond milk in it.
I have a green smoothie almost every day or at least as often as I can.
I saute without oil. Just add a tiny splash of water when things start to stick. You don't miss the oil.
I have no cravings for junk food. I have no desire to eat any cheese now which for me is a big thing. I was a cheese maniac. Now I am turned off by the fat in it.
I eat lots of lentils and rice and beans and soups and delicious stir fries and curries.
I carry Wasa or Ryecrisp crackers with me as a snack and some fruit.
So far so good, I will stay on this path as long as I can. Who knows I might trip over a cinnamon bun one day, but hopefully will pick myself up and keep on.
I still enjoy a glass of wine or two:)

This is a facebook site I enjoy, The Engine 2 Diet there is always lots of recipes and motivation over there. Actually there are TONS of delicious recipes out there with no added oil or processed stuff.

Here is a great fat free salad dressing I make all the time. Simple and yummy. Good on pasta with veggies too. You can alter the kinds of acid, savoury & sweet in this. Add garlic if you want too.
3 Tbsp Basalmic vinegar, 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard, 1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup

It is raining cats and dogs here. Hurricane Ophelia is thrashing her way up the coast far offshore.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are doing great! That is awesome.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've never heard of PB2 before! Do you order it in from the States? Or can you buy it locally at some health food store?

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Congratulations! I've never heard of PB2 either.... sounds like you've found something that really works. I want to give up the cheeses too.. hard to do!

aliceinparis said...

PB2 I don't think is available in Canada. I had a lovely friend send me some from Trader Joe's.

laureenlynn said...

I will be asking a friend of mine from Dartmouth to stop by and pick up a calender for my niece, she loves cats.