Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Still Autumn



Well, Autumn is drawing to a close. We've had a great one. Thank goodness, because winter can sure drag on:) I always get excited for the first snowfall and do enjoy the white sparkling frostiness but I wish it was a much shorter season!

This chalk hopscotch was outside my friend Chara's shop
. We had an amazing event here in the city a little while ago called Nocturne. Art everywhere, outside and inside all over the city. Chara had free chalk to give away and an invitation to create! This was just at the beginning of the evening.

The cruise ship season is over and I have time again! Time to create and catch up! Yay!

Oh, and congratulations to Jessica who won a free painting of mine! I sometimes run contests over on my Facebook page so feel free to "like"!

Tonight I am going to Chapters bookstore in Halifax to see my friend Ami McKay read from her new book "The Virgin Cure". She wrote "The Birth House" which was a really great read! Tonight is the launch of her new book. I KNOW it will be another great hit! Very excited to get my hands on it:) Won't be available in the USA until June 26th, 2012 published by HarperCollins

“I am Moth”

“…a girl from the lowest part of Chrystie Street, born to a slum-house mystic and the man who broke her heart."

5 comments:

Ami said...

Can't wait to see you tonight! And in case I forget to tell you when I see you...you should keep your sweet hopscotch photograph in mind as you read the book. There's a passage in the novel that fits it perfectly. (I got goosebumps when I saw the photo!)

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

have a wonderful time tonight. the title sounds captivating. i will have to get my hands on that one. i am glad that autumn has lingered for you...i am still waiting for it to arrive:) xo!

Anonymous said...

I'm not much of a fan of snow. A little sprinkling is nice. Beyond that? No thanks!

Have a great time at the reading!

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Lovely photos...can't wait to read Amy's new book. I LOVED the Birth House and was cheering for it when it was on Canada Reads...what do they know anyway!! It was by far the best!

Alice said...

oh how lovely! I read The Birth House quite a while ago and loved it :-) I shall definitely be on the look out for Ami's latest offering. Enjoy!