Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January Inspiration

Does anyone else get the compulsion to clean and clear things out in January? For me it is all about fresh starts and new plans and goals and getting organized. I know it is really just an illusion, after all one day is as good as the next but ......there is just something about January! A lull in the year, the holidays are over and the weather is unfriendly,  gives us time to ramp up for the Spring and Summer.  I have plans for updating this bloggy spot, getting new paintings done, putting better organizational systems to work, continuing my new way of eating( plant based, no added oil),etc,etc... I even have a shiny new notebook to capture my brilliant ideas!
So let's get started !

Also... if you are interested in participating, on my birthday, I am going to post links to favourite blog posts you have written and want to share with my readers.Email me here: duffettfolkart AT yahoo.ca

6 comments:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I do the very same thing... it's a good time to purge the stuff that accumulates, clear out the cobwebs!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

We are all on the same wavelength! Either everyone has been taken over by the Vulcan mind meld or January just brings out the cleaning bug in all of us.

Put me on the list!

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

Great old photo!
I try to avoid cleaning whenever possible but, you're right, there's something about January that makes you want to clean up your house AND your life! Good luck with it all.

Sandra Wilkes said...

I love the way January brings out the best in us.....at least for awhile! I still have my New Year's thinking to do.

margie said...

haha, I've had my head in the cupboards for two days now. by the end of the week I will have reorganized everything. I do such wonderful thinking when I clean.

Helen said...

Hi Shelaugh. Ha ha! My iPhone made Shelagh into Shelaugh!! This is a test to see if I can post a comment to you. I have a cat poem for you if this works. Happy Birthday to Us!! Helen.