Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blythe Spirit


Last night was another Neptune Theatre night. Blythe Spirit was on the menu, a Noel Coward play. It is a fun wordy drawing room comedy featuring a bit of ectoplasm and some marital strife. Noel wrote this in 5 days after his flat had been bombed in London 1941. Amazing I say. This is what the Chronicle Herald had to say. I enjoyed it. Love the verbal repartee. Gorgeous set and great atmospheric lighting. The actors were grand. Madam Arcati was classic! An entertaining way to spend a cold winter's night. Here is a view from the balcony while waiting for the theatre to fill.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a grand evening! Gosh, I haven't been to the theater in years. I need to go again soon. When you don't go, you forget how fun and entertaining it can be. Thank you for the reminder. :)

Sharon

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Looks like a gorgeous set!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I love live theatre. I haven't been to the Neptune for a dogs age! Ahhhh, you make me pine for the stage!

Unknown said...

Ooo that is a lovely set I've been hearing good things about this play, perhaps I should make the fella take me for Valentines Day :)

the wild magnolia said...

Splendid way to spend the evening! I love the theater set.

Thank you for sharing.