Sunday, January 9, 2011

good things


My pre-birthday lunch:) So glad I was taken out for this treat because on my "real" birthday I worked ALL day. Thanks Cathy:) Mmmm, pasta with all kinds of yummy things and a green pea tarragon soup.

For dessert....a Meyer lemon pie with vanilla ice cream. The pie had sliced lemons in it with rind and all. Melt in your mouth citrus-y wow. I didn't get a birthday cake this year but had this wonderful concoction and a delicious wee cupcake at the market.(Thanks Michelle)

and now.....ta dah! The winner of my birthday present giveaway according to the random number generator is ....#15! Karen of This Old House 2! Thanks to everybody for your lovely birthday wishes! I'm a year older now and looking forward to the next one!

13 comments:

Dorey said...

Wow! Those photos are amazing. Now I'm hungry ...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Looks like you had a yumalicious birthday! Congrats to Karen!

WryAndGinger said...

Shelia where did you get the pie??

Jeanne said...

How wonderful indeed.
I hope you had a fabulous birthday
Love you
Jeanne

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

The food looks divine!.. and thank you so much -

Speaking of cupcakes - I just discovered a recipe for Root Beer Float cupcakes, can you imagine?

aliceinparis said...

It was yummy!!!
Cheryl-Epicurious Morsels in Hydrostone.

Sara said...

Beautiful photos - it all looks so yummy...

Congrats to Karen!!!

Marilyn said...

Meyer lemon pie FTW! glad you've had a lovely b'day weekend. xo

The Faustian Man said...

Very very nice.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday filled w great memories! These look delicious!

ukrainian girl said...

Probably it is very tasty.

christina said...

happy belated birthday, my friend!!
i hope you enjoyed each moment.
and oh i want that pie.
xo

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Fabulous looking lunch!