Saturday, March 14, 2009

Never argue with a woman:)


One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap.

Although not familiar with the lake, his wife decides to take the boat out.

She motors out a short distance, anchors, and reads her book amidst glorious silence and beauty.

Put, put, put...... along comes a Game Warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside the woman and says,

"Good morning, Ma'am. What are you doing?'"

"Reading a book," she replies, (thinking, 'Isn't that obvious?')

"You're in a Restricted Fishing Area,'" he informs her.

"I'm sorry, officer, but I'm not fishing. I'm reading"

"Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up."

"For reading a book!,"she replies,

"You're in a Restricted Fishing Area," informs her again.

"If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault," says the woman.

"But I haven't even touched you," says the game warden.

"That's true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment."

"Have a nice day ma'am," and he left.

MORAL :

Never argue with a woman who reads. It's likely she can also think.


The picture above is from the Nantucket Historical Association, it is a sea serpent built by Tony Sarg in 1937. Click on the picture to see more.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Great joke, love it!

Twisted Hare said...

Very Funny! Love the sea serpent too, I want one for my yard =)

Sue said...

you can't out smart a women...It just can't be done and these men just don't get it!

Gill said...

So true!! LOL

Tumble Fish Studio said...

A great story and picture to go with it! Oh I wish I was so smart to make my point at the moment it needs to be made instead of days later after days of wishing I said something and didn't know what to say! Clever woman, clever story, clever Shelagh!

Loth said...

Brilliant joke. Cheered me up no end.

Unknown said...

I love this!!! Thank you for the big, wide smile.


p.s. I heart sunflowers and poppies when painted by your hand.
xo

Crafted by Bairbre Aine said...

Oh Thank you for this!
Gave me a great giggle!

Ah the power of an educated women!

Cheers~

Kathy said...

That is one of my favorite jokes! Thanks for reminding me of it. Love the photo.

Terri Kahrs said...

Never, EVER mess with a w-o-m-a-n! Am still laughing!

Jennifer said...

Hahah that's hilarious! I do agree to not ever argue with a woman who reads, she'll know twice as much as you! hehehe. good one! ♥

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

LOL! I love that joke,

I'll have to explore that web site link -- thanks!

Lorrie Grainger Abdo said...

Ha, haven't heard that one before. I love it. I never can remember a joke but will try hard to commit that one to my brain.

Anonymous said...

Touche!I love that joke:) Thank you for stopping by my blog..you have a lovely one and I am happy to have dropped by!
~Christine :)

daisies said...

hee hee ... so very true :-)

noodle and lou said...

Oh Shelagh that is HILARIOUS!! I love it so much and I am still giggling!!! xoxoxo