Thursday, June 23, 2011

Starlight, Starbright


New painting. Starlight, Starbright.... 24 x 30 on beech wood with 1.5 inch sides.
For sale. This actually looks much better in real life. Can't really see details of the sleeping kitty in this size.

Could even be part of a story....."and so little Seraphina finally slept. Her tired legs could carry her no farther. She curled up into a wee ball of fluff and quickly sank into a deep and welcome place. Sometime, late in the night, a beam of starlight found the little kitten and kept her safe while she dreamed of home...."

15 comments:

moosegirlmaria said...

Oh my goodness! I love this one. Indeed mysterious and marvelous!!!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Absolutely love this, I think it's your best work yet!......

Daina Scarola said...

Oh my... Shelagh! This turned out so SO amazingly well!!! Very peaceful, and love the flowers and light beams and the coziness of the forest. I LOVE this one!!! You must be super happy with it :)

Tee said...

This is fantastic! All of your work is fantastic, but I can't stop looking at this. Beautifully done.

Sara said...

Love this one!

Carol said...

Love this piece!

Gail from Glass With Class said...

Shelagh, I LOVE this! Now this is truly art.;-)

YogaNan knits, too... said...

oh, my--that is simply gorgeous! love the light, the green, the kitty, incredible details

laureenlynn said...

Lovely. I spotted the kitty right away!

leendadll said...

"for sale" where/how? I can't afford that gallery's prices (not that you're not worth it; I just can't pay what they ask). I'd be interested in buying this.

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Sounds like you should write a childrens book...maybe a series even! The wanderings of the little kitten throughout Canada...the world! Lovely painting!

Tee said...

Ooh...great idea, Kerry.

JavaChick said...

So pretty! I would love to have this hanging in my house. :)

Susan said...

I absolutely love it too ! and agree it might be my favourite ever.

Anonymous said...

thanks for showing me this beautiful painting in person :)