Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Spring will be here soon...

lemonlentils2
 We are still in the clutches of winter! One more week until Spring…. I went for a walk yesterday and the lakes are still skimmed with ice. Tonight we are getting a huge rain storm which will start as snow and then fingers crossed  will turn to rain. It is pummeling the East Coast of the US right now as snow. I am going to make this Lemon Lentil Soup to warm things up quickly:) I make it without the feta and dill but those would take it over the top! It is still DELICIOUS without.  Here is the recipe sent to my by one of my painting students, Judy. Thanks!
lemonlentil3
To be honest, I just dump everything in the pot together. No sauteing, I don’t use the oil and I also use a generous squirt of Siracha instead of the chili flakes:) Because I don’t add the feta and dill, I  only add the juice of one lemon. And I use the zest of the entire lemon, haven’t measured to see how much it was. Sooo very good. Enjoy
lemonlentilsoupPlease start following me at ShelaghDuffett.com I blog there and will shutting down this site at some point....

No comments: