Sunday, December 9, 2018

It is December Already!

openhousedec2018
First off...this is happening on December 16th. In the historic Women's Council House on the corner of Young Ave and Inglis Street. I've taught a few painting classes there and it is a lovely spot with loads of parking. There will be hot cider and cookies and live music! My friend Bill Jardine will be singing and playing guitar for us. Most things will be on SALE too! I do hope you can join me.
We are in the midst of a really cold snap at the moment. Unusual for Nova Scotia this time of year. I'm not out walking as much as I normally do. I am a wimp when it comes to extreme temperatures, hot or cold. My internal thermometer likes middle of the road.... This is part of the rails to trails walk in Bayers. Lake. The water is frozen here but it loos like glass.
Ive done bayerslaketrailwinter
I have been doing a bit of painting.... only just started consistently. My mum has been ill and things are now stabilizing and I can get back to work! This is 24 x 24 on beechwood with deep 1.5" sides painted pale turquoise. On my monitor it looks a bit bright and garish but the real colours are lovely! Every monitor is different so be aware that it will look slightly different for everyone.
dawnbirches24x24).jpgThis painting is called "The Red Wellies" I love it.  16 x 20 x 1.5" and the painting wraps around the sides.redwellies
I hope you have a great week!


No comments: