Sunday, July 25, 2010

al fresco weather


We've had some great weather and when it is warm out, I love eating outside. Recently we headed to "The Battered Fish. I'd heard a lot of great things about this truck. It is parked on the Bedford Highway next to the Esquire Restaurant (another classic place).

Clean, pristine, and a great selection of food. They even have salads! More importantly, malt vinegar:)

Amber served up our suppers with a smile.

Yum, fish tips with fries and a sprite.

and the classic... two pieces of haddock with fries. The fish was tender, moist and fresh. Batter supremely crispy. Fries warm and friendly:)

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Mmmmm, my mouth is watering! But I must confess, I prefer white vinegar on my chips rather than malt vinegar. Does that mark me as a non-Maritimer?

The Words Crafter said...

That is so cool! And the food does look delicious!

Sapphire Green said...

You're so right - one cannot enjoy fish and chips without malt vinegar!
I actually had some the other night at the Sylvia Hotel, built in 1912 in downtown Vancouver; then headed off to see "Anthony & Cleopatra" at Bard on the Beach. Summertime traditions are so nurturing...
M.