Thursday, July 1, 2010

lost and found


Tree sketched on Antiparos....

I'd forgotten all about this. The start of a story I was going to write..... years ago! I remember had it all figured out in my head but reading this, I cannot remember what I had in mind. Wish I had jotted it down. I'd like to read the rest:) The quotations and formatting is all wrong, just ignore that:)

The sun kissed the ocean goodnight and quickly slipped beneath the indigo water. Barely able to keep her eyes open, Suzie sank deeper into the canvas chair and gratefully sipped some fresh lemonade. Her wet hair was damp and dripped pleasantly down her back. The last fifteen hours had just been spent on planes, boats and finally donkey, getting to this spot. Squinting at the dark water beyond her friend Anna’s balcony, she marveled at the amazing turn of events that had brought her to Greece again.

"Here's a towel, it is a bit small, but it is the best I can do right now, all the others are on the sailboat." Anna tossed it to Suzie, "I hope you enjoyed that shower, because once you're on the Athena, fresh water is precious and only the paying guests get the luxury of long showers!"

" I know" sighed Suzie, but it'll be worth it for the opportunity to visit Despotik Island and witness the festival of the Sleeping Madonna! Did you know that the festival is only held once every thirty-three years? Did you also know that statue is one of only a handful found and no one knows exactly how old she is!"

" No, I did not know that", said Anna, watching her pal with an amused smirk.
Suzie was enthralled with the strangest things.

"What I DO know is that you had better get to bed soon or you won't be up in time for our departure!"

"You're right of course, but I'm just too excited to sleep. I think I'll sit out here for a little while longer and I'll tell you all about her tomorrow"

"Tell me all about who?"

"The Sleeping Madonna!"

to be continued…..

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Rats! I'd like to hear the rest of the story too!