Wednesday, August 11, 2010

flying by


This picture is an oasis of calm. Unlike my life at the moment:)

Last night I cooked tacos for 15 people! It was such a fun meal. Messy but delicious. Tacos are a super easy meal to put together for a crowd. I made the meat filling earlier and then there was just the chopping for the toppings. We had tomato, lettuce, black beans, avocado, cheddar cheese, sour cream and three different salsas to chose from. I loved the mango/lime salsa. Yum.

It has been busy times around here but nice to have family and friends about. Today I am heading downtown with one of the British clan and picking up a friend visiting from Toronto with her daughter. We will have a grand poke about and then later pick up my daughter who unfortunately and much to her dismay, is working fulltime and cannot spend as much time as she would like with her cousins. I am so lucky that I can shift my work around everything.

The winner of the cookbook on Suzie's blog is Sandy!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

It was lovely to glimpse a view of Nova Scotia in the summertime. I enjoyed looking back through parts 1,2, and 3. The shops look so colorful and inviting. I would love to be there. Your paintings are delightful.

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...i love tacos...especially with cheesy queso smothered all over them! are you having another photo class soon? i want to make sure i sign up...i missed the last one by two days! xoxo

baukje said...

Your picture is great!!!

The Words Crafter said...

I want to take off my shoes and put my feet into that cool looking water. Hope you're having a lovely time with all your visitors and that you find time to relax...