Wednesday, February 9, 2011

busy


Work in progress. I've been using my time at the Halifax Seaport Market productively. What I do need is an easel. A table easel and an upright that is portable. I have a big sturdy one at home, but too cumbersome to move here and there. Any recommendations?

Also.....I have a gallery show coming up, yes!!!! A show that I will need 15-20 big pieces for. I am planning out a painting schedule for myself so I can be sure to have them done. Will let you know where and when closer to the date. It is in the summer. Exciting!

Today the sun is out but it is FREEZING. I'm feeling sorry for all the wee birds. I'm trying to feed them but the crows seem to be hanging around snatching seeds too. Must be a hard winter for them this year.

8 comments:

Kerry said...

That is so exciting! Congrats :-) Can't wait to see the show!

Jen Worden said...

If you can't find anything locally, Curry's often have desk easels at really good prices.

Yah! on the show. How exciting?!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Yes, it is very cold here today. Poor wee birdies. I hope I can check out your show.

Anonymous said...

I am really looking forward to your show. It will be great to see your work up close.

Teena in Toronto said...

So colourful!

Marilyn said...

congrats on the gallery show! go, Shelagh! :)

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Well Congratulations!... and I have a small aluminum folding easel that I got online somewhere.. it's very light, folds up and is easy to set up and put away - would fit in a canvas bag easily.

Down here in CT it's supposed to be in the 40's this weekend!!

Sara said...

Please let us know about your show as soon as you can....don't want to miss it!