Tuesday, April 26, 2011

daffodils


Rainy and dull today. That's ok, it is feeding all the lovely flowers that are about to burst into vigorous growth!
I'm off to the car dealer to get tires, oil, squealing, clunking, and brakes dealt with. Cringing at the thought of how much it will all cost. Oh well. A shuttle will drive me back here where I will spend the day painting to start paying the bill. Sort of sad really when you think of it. I'd like to think I paint for loftier reasons!

On Sunday I did a painting which I was not really sure about and tinkered with it to fix it, made it worse and then tried to save it and made it even more awful and then tried another fix and whoa nelly, you should have seen it! So today I have painted over the entire thing and am starting anew. So frustrating to spend all that time working and have it amount to nothing! I must have learned something but not sure what it was:) One of my friends said that years from now, someone will x-ray it and see ten paintings underneath and it will be big news! lol.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, some guy will write an elaborate book about the hidden paintings and call it The Duffett Code.

aliceinparis said...

Debra, that is too funny!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

What a gorgeous new picture.

christina said...

this is such a pretty painting. xo