Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday



I was looking for a bright and cheery picture to dispel the cold blue white splintery winter outside. This is the Nova Scotia Art Gallery Cafe. I have been thinking that it has been too long since I have been and this is the perfect time of year to do so. I love poking about the exhibits especially the Maud Lewis one. I always leave the gallery inspired and ready to create.

It is still FREEZING outside. I have been putting out extra food for the birds and some peanut butter too. I am still perplexed at how the tiny ones make it through. It is bitter out there. Looks nice but step out the door and you immediately fold in on yourself to keep warm.

9 comments:

Alice said...

it just sounds divine (albeit freezing!) - I hope one day I will be able to visit your part of the world!

Ronnie said...

It's 10 degrees here and late morning. Very cold for here. Good idea to treat the birds today. Also a good time to look through seed catalogs and dream of a Spring garden. How do you keep the pipes from freezing?

Gifted Typist said...

Lovely shot. Very fauvist.

Sara said...

Maud Lewis's house is a short drive from us. It's on my wish list for this year's excursions.

noodle and lou said...

Hi Shelagh! I have been so worried about the birds in my yard too! I don't understand how they could survive these temps! Where do they go!? I couldn't even sleep last night thinking about them (I'm so strange) in this -35 degree weather??? And then there's my poor mail carrier! I can't even imagine!!!!!!

Okay...sending you warm thoughts for the day:):) xoxox...jenn

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

That cafe looks like such a nice place to visit.

I feed the birds too, and it is a marvel that they can survive in this cold.

Hugs, Pat

Anonymous said...

Oh that does look like a cozy place. I hear that Halifax has a terrific music scene. Do you check out live bands often? Or attend music festivals?

Leslie Rubio said...

I feed all the birdies too-both at work and at home. Monday mornings when i get to work the food is all gone. I just love my bird friends.

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks for the warm visual candy to help us get through this cold spell. I have never been to that art gallery. When life thaws, I plan to go to more cultural sites downtown. Until then, I stay firmly in my home with a full clean fridge and wait for Mother Nature to stop her cruel cold shoulder.