Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday


Honeysuckle in my garden. I love the way it looks now:)

Today tickets go on sale for Paul McCartney's outdoor concert. I have been debating and debating on them and have decided to go for it. He is an icon of our times and my daughter is a HUGE Beatles fan and REALLY wants to go. The concert is not until July 11th so I have time to earn some extra$ and if we decide against it, can always sell. We went to the Rolling Stones outdoor concert and it poured rain the entire time but it did nothing to "dampen" our enthusiasm! I want to hear him sing To Live and Let Die! (edited: Got them!)
On Sunday, we are participating in a walk organized by a friend of my daughter's(and mine).It's Not Over, The 2nd Annual walk to End the Genocide in Darfur. The forecast is sunny so it should be a good event. Worth supporting. You can read more about it here.

Barrington Street looking South.

I am hosting a "Letter Revival Festival"(until June 14) If you like receiving interesting mail and don't mind sending a letter ...this is for you! Click on the banner to learn more:) I would be happy if you could spread the word, you can use this wee banner .

8 comments:

Ronnie said...

Buy those tickets now!
Lovely close up shot.
Light is good right now in my yard. I may go out with my camera and see what I can accomplish. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Beautiful shot of the honeysuckle! I had a vine at my house down the river, it was probably 100 years old and was so beautiful and fragrant! I may try growing it where I am now.

I'd also love to hear Sir Paul; but the bucks are just too big for me! Enjoy yourselves!

OliveStreetStudio said...

Go for the concert! Why not, right?

My hubby and I saw David Gilmore at an outdoor venue - it rained the whole time, but it was still a great show. Our raincoats were put to good use. :-)

chow and chatter said...

what a lovely blog

OliveStreetStudio said...

FYI- I posted about your letter-writing project to my blog tonight. Hope it brings more people!!

Canyon Girl said...

That honeysuckle looks lovely. What a great shot.

I agree w/the other girls... go for the concert! How fun. :)

Shannon

*~tabby~* crooked heart art said...

how beautiful that honeysuckle is- and that scent is one that just can't be beat!
i hope you go to the concert
how wonderful to see such an icon of our time :)
enjoy your day
tabby :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Shelagh

I want to join the letter swap ...I'll sign up as soon as I leave your blog.

Good for you scoring Paul McCarthy tickets! You and H will have so much fun! mY favorite Beatle is Ringo but I have yet to see him perform live.

I'd LOVE to meet you in August ... be sure to keep in touch about that.