Monday, October 5, 2009

Perfect Porch


Isn't this just wonderful?? I spied this wee spot in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. Yessir, I could easily picture myself sitting outside, sipping something, reading something and watching the world go by..... rain or shine.

Just a reminder, if you haven't yet, to pop over to my fan page and enter my draw for a cookbook, and something special I'll send along as well. I am picking a name on Wednesday. Just add a comment to the entry about the contest or join my fan page if you are not already a member. (It's our secret club.... now all we need is a secret tree fort to make into our clubhouse!)

Here's something I've been meaning to share for ages. My new friend Sara Harley who lives just outside Bridgewater makes these beautiful stained glass pieces using windows from old farmhouses. Aren't they gorgeous?? I just realized that I only have details of the windows here and not a full shot, but you get the idea. Sara is from Ontario originally and she and her husband decided to make the big escape and move to Nova Scotia. You can read all about her Nova Scotian adventures on her blog.

This window has the seasons represented in the trees.

I love these words etched on the roots of the trees. Important words, foundations for a good life.

10 comments:

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I'll fight you for that porch. Another view of heaven I see. If I were you, I'd quit showing Nova Scotia to everyone - we are all going to show up on your porch or this porch or some porch and move right in. Beautiful stained glass pieces. Mmmmmm. Just beautiful! Might look mighty good on that porch!

Kathy said...

Wow! Those are awesome and I LOVE porches! That one is a gen.

Unknown said...

I love seeing porches like that, you just already can feel the warmth and coziness it endures. Very pretty indeed!

Anonymous said...

I love these windows, when the "new" old house is done, I'm going to look for the perfect spot for one of these. And porches are among my favorite things...

Babette Fraser Hale said...

I always wanted a porch like that! Elegant.

Hayley Egan said...

I'm with Marsha, I'd be careful about sharing all of these awesome little places!! Seriously, it seems like Paradise. Love the windows too, reminds me of your paintings. X

Sara said...

Thanks for the shout out Shelagh! We must do lunch again sometime soon...pick out one of your interesting spots and I'll be in touch!

moosegirlmaria said...

GORGEOUS! Nova Scotia and the windows!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I'd love a porch like like also!

Shell said...

That's a beautiful spot! I just found your blog today and I'm really enjoying it!