Friday, February 26, 2010

wet and wild


"Holy raining cats and dogs, Batman!"
It has been wildly raining and the wind has been howling all night long! Better rain than snow. This is the tail end of the huge storm that just crossed the northeast US.

Watched the figure skating again late last night. So pleased for Joannie Rochette, she won a Bronze medal. So hard to stay awake and see it. On Tuesday, my mom was was determined to stay up and watch the ladies short, next thing she knows, she is waking up just as Joanne leaves the ice! lol. Don't you just hate it when that happens:)

I watched the skating with a charming chipmunk by my side......my daughter got her wisdom teeth out yesterday. Ouch. Rite of passage. Actually the swelling is not that bad although I hear it gets worse day 2 and 3. So far she's doing just fine. I have a giant stockpile of puddings and applesauce and jello and ice cream and smoothie makings.

Hooray for Friday!

5 comments:

nycstylelittlecannoli said...

you should be very happy only rain! It doesn't want to stop snowing here in Pennsylvania!! I am soo ready for spring!

http://nycstylecannoli.blogspot.com

Jack said...

What's up with that wind huh? Hasn't let up all day.

Happy Friday to you. Wishing you a great weekend :)

Micheline said...

I can't believe how crazy that wind is. There were even some boats tipped over in the harbour here and in Mahone Bay. It's still howling. I hope you're staying warm.

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...glad you are in safe and dry. we have had fairly crazy weather ourselves, but i will post about that later. hope your chipmunk can avoid the major swelling and yes it does tend to advance with a few days time...i have unfortunately traveled that road! joannie rochette is an amazing young women that is an inspiration to many which i am sure is due in large part to having had an amazing mother and father. i could not help but cry tears of joy for her...by the way, i think your mum can watch her programme on the internet...xo, mickey

hatjunkie said...

That was one amazing storm. I thought we were going to end up in Oz. Lost power a few times and I have to say I really enjoyed just sitting in the dim light hand sewing.