Monday, June 28, 2010

monday showers


The rain is falling steadily outside my window this morning. That soft, really wet, soak everything kind of downpour. The Queen arrives today for a three day whirlwind tour. I think it is supposed to rain for the next few days. Ah well, nothing that a yellow sou'wester can't handle.

The picture above was taken at Uniacke House, a WONDERFUL somewhat forgotten, historic estate thirty minutes from Halifax. I will be posting about it soon. I've been visiting that place since I was a child.

Today I am making a plan. That is, I am planning on making a plan:)

6 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

I have got to get a telephoto lens, this is a perfect shot Shelagh! What a wonderful day we had, much better weather than today. I just posted all about our day out, thanks so much and I promise to put up photographs of the new additions to my garden soon.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I haven't seen a doll sitting in the middle of the bed like that for so long! When I was a kid, it was quite common to "decorate" your bed in that fashion.

Tvor said...

I was looking at their website a few weeks ago and thinking that Mom and i should go over the summer on a nice Sunday. I have only been there once, when i was a kid and really don't remember it.

Andrea on Third Street said...

I love that little dolly on the bed, too. I still make my daughter and sons' beds like this... it was how I grew up!

Loth said...

But the rain is going to stop on Wednesday, right? Right?

The Words Crafter said...

I just want to curl up on that wonderful looking bed with a book for a while, then a long nap listening to the rain.....