Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wednesday


This was taken last Wednesday from the Halifax Seaport Farmer's Market, about 5 pm I think. Gorgeous! It's all about the light isn't it:) The sun popped through a cloud and illuminated the lighthouse on George's Island. Having that glorious view makes the long day a bit more pleasant. I'm there again today. Wonder what the view will be around 5 pm? Market is open 10-6 today.

Merelys Williams,one of the vendors, sells glass sun catchers. Don't they look pretty against the late afternoon sky?

Oh and........ THANK YOU!!! Remember the quinoa recipe food fight I entered a month ago? I won! Thanks so much to any who voted:) I hope you tried it, it is a DELICIOUS recipe. They are accepting chocolate recipes for the next round. Very, very exciting!!! I've never owned a mix-master but have ALWAYS wanted one; my food processor broke a few months ago; I was planning on asking Santa this year for a blender to whip up some green smoothies and my hand mixer is a million years old and on it's last legs. So fortunate. So timely. SO grateful. xo

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats on your win! And there's nothing like that rich, golden, late afternoon sun, is there?

Creatively Sensitive said...

Wow! That top picture is breath taking :)

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I love that first picture. I use to live in Annapolis Valley and we would drive to Halifax once in a while. I miss it a lot.

Teena in Toronto said...

Awesome shots!

Anonymous said...

I always leave your blog feelins happier. The colours are always so bright and colourful, the photographs so well shot.

Thank you!