Monday, December 19, 2011

Green socks!


I am so lucky! I was surprised with this AMAZING gift of hand knitted green socks!

I love socks. I love hand knitted socks. I love the colour green! I love greens with drifts of blue.

Each one of those wee stiches was a click of the needle, a flick of a finger, the swish of a wrist.
My friend Lisa, is a magician with wool. THANK YOU!


She is also author of this fun blog, The Cookbook Hoarder. Going through all her cookbooks one by one, cooking three recipes and then deciding whether or not to keep or give away:)

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

And won't they be perfect for St. Patty's Day now? *read the foregoing in your best leprechaun's voice*

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

SO PRETTY! You ARE lucky!

Anonymous said...

I love the green with blue too. Best green socks, ever!

Sara said...

beautiful colour!

laureenlynn said...

Beautiful, love the colours!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like them Shelagh. For all the beauty you share with us in your blog, and the friendship you share, I couldn't think of anyone who deserved them more.
xo-Lisa

susanna said...

Lucky you, Shelagh! Who doesn't need a new pair of socks? And to have someone actually knit them for you, one stitch, one flick of the wrist at a time...you've got yourself a good friend there.