Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Winter Solstice


So thankful that the days get longer from here on. First day of Winter. We've had a very mild Autumn, in fact so much so, here is a picture of a lone daffodil blooming this December! Tres scary to me. The weather is upside down and challenging everybody.
Busy week this, the last week before Christmas. I've got most of the things done I wanted to but there are always those wee things one suddenly thinks of! I'll be at the market on Friday and Christmas Eve until 1 pm. if you want to drop by and say hi!


The first picture is Peggy's Cove and the second is Halifax Harbour from the Seaport Market

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Solstice blessings to you and your family, Shelagh!

susanna said...

Your photographs are serene...I can feel my shoulders relaxing just looking at them! And yes, it's been a mild winter down in NJ, too. Makes one wonder what next summer will be like... We are suppose to get a Nor-easter over the weekend - either rain or snow. I'm hoping for snow for Christmas!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

that sunset pic is GORGEOUS. I would buy that as a poster. Seriously.

I forgot that the days start getting longer now. Thanks for the reminder!

Years ago, I read that global warming will eventually lead to such weather pattern shifts that the US will resemble what the Sahara desert is today, and vice versa. I thought the shift would be from W to E but it appears to be the opposite.

Prairie Jill said...

Oh, how beautiful! Happy Holidays to you!