Friday, December 23, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree...


I love this painting by Paige Bridges and there are more HERE! She paints vintage trailers and some of them are really fun. Gives me a few ideas for paintings of my own.....

I am home with my jammies on, a big box of tissues by my side, a cup of tea at all times and a determination to rid myself, as fast as I can, of a sneaky cold bug that found me. I was going to sell at the market tomorrow, but common sense says no. It is snowing outside and the world looks like a winter wonderland! I'm heading back to the couch, with a blanket and the tv remote. Might even manage some reading if my head clears up. Sniff, splutter, sneeze, drip, argh...

Paige Bridges

8 comments:

Betsy (@bbkenn92) said...

Love the paintings, so nice that you have snow. I miss that about Halifax! Love it if you post some pics when you're better. Betsy

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. Chicken soup!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Fun paintings! Feel better soon, Shelagh! Lots of vitamin C, that's the ticket.

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

Ooooooh, I really like Paige's paintings. They're trés funky and cool!

Sorry to hear you're battling a flu bug but I do think Christmas Eve spent in a warm house is ever so much better than at a market.

Be well and Happy Sniff-Splutter-Sneeze-Drip-Argh Holidays!

MsGraysea said...

Do feel better and have a lovely Christmas, Shelagh! Love the paintings. I have had the cold thing since Dec 3 and cannot shake the cough. I tried everything I know but it will not let go.
Sending you comfort.

burnttoast said...

Try some lozenges with zinc. If you can get them in in the first 24 hours, it has been "shown" (one study, not concrete) to decrease the duration of a cold. And it helped me rather dramatically last March, on vacation in Nova Scotia.
Jealous of the snow. Merry Happy!

aliceinparis said...

Thanks for the good wishes and advice xo. I am drinking tea and did pick up some zinc lozenges, and vitamin C, this is day 3 and I am starting to feel like I am getting over this. Hooray!
Cape Cod Kitty~ Here's hoping you lose that cough pronto!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Beautiful paintings! Merry Christmas!