Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring has sprung!


Happy SPRING!!!! Finally. Even though everything is bleak brown and snow still covers a lot of the ground, it is here and will progress steadily:))

These pink sneakers belong to my daughter if you were wondering.. and this picture is available in my shop as a print:) Speaking of my daughter...... thanks for all the kind and wonderful wishes!!!!! It was such fun for her to sit and read them all last night. I wrote down all the names and put them into a hat, and the winner of my birthday draw is Blogartists!

Today I am venturing over to Dartmouth with a friend of mine for lunch at a new to me place, called Into the Mystic! A cafe and curio shop with books, gifts, astrology readings, tea leaf sessions, reiki, etc. Sounds like fun. Dartmouth is Halifax's twin city and is reached by a bridge across the harbour.

11 comments:

Teresa aka Tess said...

Congrats to the winner. What a fun picture, love those sneakers.
Have a great day.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Happy Belated Birtday to your daughter! Love her shoes!

Hope you enjoy your lunch adventure. It sounds like so much fun! I would love to get my tea leaves read, I think. Always a little scary to have your future told to you. Isn't that funny how many of us would like it to just be a surprise?

Ronnie said...

Have a great day, Shelagh. Sounds like my kind of place, but alas I have been rooked into going to the Atlanta Car Show by my youngest son. Ah the memories we will create. :p

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...congrats to the winner and have a wonderful day and lunch...sounds great! Mickey

Flor Larios Art said...

Great photo...love the pink with the zebra background.
Have fun!
Flor

Gill said...

The sneakers are GREAT Shelagh! Have a great time in Dartmouth today. Glad your daughter had a great birthday!
xo

Anne said...

Cool sneaks! And congratulations to the lucky winner, Blogartists! :-)

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

Oooh I hope you borrowed the shoes to wear-Sounds like so much fun!

noodle and lou said...

Happy, Happy Spring! Hope you and Hayley had a most wonderful celebration:):):) xoxo...jenn

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Happy Spring Shelagh! Pretty pink sneakers H had!

How was the cafe in Dartmouth?

Lorrie Grainger Abdo said...

Great picture of the sneakers! Wonderful contrasts between the background, socks and shoes. Good idea to sell the print too.

Makes me think about a picture I took of my now 9 year old on her seventh birthday when she got a pair of awful, ugly crocs. She was thrilled and danced/pranced about in those crazy shoes. I have a picture of just her feet, in the crocs, on the deck.