Monday, August 24, 2009

After Bill.....


The storm was not as bad as it might have been which was a very good thing! Later in the day, after the warnings were called off and the sun started to shine a bit, my daughter and I ventured off toward the shore.

The surf was wonderful! The road to Peggy's Cove village was closed but there were many places safely away from the water to gain a magnificent vantage point.

Many, many people came out to see the ocean. Some were not as careful as others. I have a bit of a telephoto so my shots look closer than we are.


It was breathtaking. The air was filled with salt mist! The noise was roaring.

Daughter enjoying the spectacle.


I am so glad we made the drive out there:))

This is today's reminder to vote for
RAP DITTY! Scroll down to find it:) Thanks SO MUCH for all the votes so far. I really appreciate it.

14 comments:

Tammi Hayne said...

Beautiful shots as always!

noodle and lou said...

oooh your daughter is darling! and the photos are breathtaking! wish i was there...i can almost smell the salt air:)

xox...jenn

Outstanding Stranger said...

Great shots of the sea after the storm. It is almost hard to believe the power that it holds. Thanks for sharing.

moosegirlmaria said...

You really do take the most gorgeous pictures! They are beautiful in every way; lighting, angles, etc. Wonderful capture...they take my breath away!

Char said...

gorgeous shots

Sara said...

Those photos are stunning! How beautiful the wildness of the water is! Must have been an awesome show!!!

Off to vote again...when does the voting end and we find out if you won???

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...your sweet one is gorgeous! oh my goodness...bet she looks like you and your mum. glad you were spared during bill...those shots are amazing and i hope to see them at broomhill! xo, mickey

Bear Chick said...

Amazing! Between the photos and your narrative, I felt like I was there.

Loth said...

Those people right out on the rocks are either very brave or very stupid or both. People get washed off those rocks when there hasn't been a hurricane passing by! Beautiful photos though!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos and daughter. The lighting made the seascapes look otherworldly.

Teresa said...

Stunning Photos of the rocky shoreline. These are great!!

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

We were in the Outer Banks, NC and the waves from Bill were increadable - a bit scary I might add. My sons and I were on the beach watching and we went a little to close and were knocked down. I lost my sunglasses but that was fine since we were all safe. Good lesson learned!
Namaste,
Joan
PS The photos are breath taking and your daughter is a cutie!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Fabulous photos! Your daughter is a beauty. Glad you didn't have an damage from the storm!

Anne said...

Hi, Shelagh! Glad Bill wasn't too much of a bother for you. Fabulous photos! Love the one of your daughter! :-)