Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's all about the light....


This is St. Matthews's Church on Barrington Street. I was walking past on my way to meet some folk and the shadows caught my eye. So pretty, like lace. I was drawn inside.....

Oh and this guy is performing in the church on Sept 24th! So cool, a mix of Blues Jazz and Indian groove.

Across the street is the Old Burying Grounds. Opened in 1749, the same year Halifax was founded. Over 12,00 people are interred here but most don't have headstones. The earlier ones have been lost or there were none used. It is a quiet interesting place to poke about.

I finally made it here! A tweetup of #Halifaxchicks. It was fun to meet new people and see familiar faces:) The church is on the left and across the street is the cemetery.

Thanks SO MUCH for all of you who have voted for Rap Ditty! You can vote every day so I will be keeping this at the end of my posts:) Vote then, scroll down to submit it:)

9 comments:

Moose said...

Looks like you are close to 1000 votes, YEAH. You did such a fabulous job.
Tail Wags.
~Moose

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I love that first photo. What a great eye you have to notice things like that.

And I loved the rap you did.

Amy said...

Omg, how wonderful!! Especially the photo with the lace shadows and the cemetery!

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...i love the lacey shadows on the church wall and what a lovely window. i would enjoy the cemetary...i love to visit them...is that a corona beer on the table?!!! LOL! xo, mickey

Lullaby said...

Such beautiful pictures!!! Great job!

Sara said...

Your shadow photo is lovely!

LoisW said...

Wonderful photos! Peaceful and lovely!

Mary said...

It's so funny how used I am to seeing these things and how different and nice they look through your eyes!

Andee Layne said...

love the church photos! love your blog! Please check out my fashion and lifestyle blog www.andeelayne.blogspot.com Please follow mine as I will yours! xo