Sunday, August 9, 2009

I love N.S.


This is a very typical sight along the back roads and countryside of Nova Scotia. Charming old houses with banks of day lilies.
Speaking of Nova Scotia..... I am busy trying to shoot a video with my newly won FlipCam! Nova Scotia Tourism is running a contest in which you can win a $15,000 dream vacation. All you need is a 2 minute video describing why you love this place. The money can be used towards anything you want. I might like to rent a big lodge and have a party, flying in friends and family from around the globe:)
Because there weren't a lot of video entries, NS tourism ran another contest giving away 2 FlipVid cameras a day so you could have the equipment to get started. All one had to do was tweet about what they would do with the $. I did and I won one:)
Now I am rushing to shoot my wee video so I can get it up and get some votes:) There are two there with 18,000+ votes and the rest are about 200-4000, I am thinking thewre might be some hanky panky going on. Anyway......I will try my best and once it's up I'll let you know:)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun project! Fingers crossed for you.. and I look forward to the resulting video -

Anonymous said...

I'll be watching for your video. I so love my Flip! So much fun to use, no work involved.

Sara said...

Well, let me know and I will be voting for your video!!!

Susan said...

Congratulations on winning the Flip Cam and we'll certainly vote lots - all 5 of us. xo S & les Gang

Moose said...

Count us Coloradoan's in for sure! as we frequent NS almost yearly for Celtic Colours.....
Tail Wags To All and keep us posted.
~Moose

Leau said...

All my life my "plan B" was to grow herbs in NS. Seeing your pictures makes me wish I'd at least visited, or moved it up to plan a! thanks and good luck with the whole video thingy.

Alice said...

I love your pictures of Nova Scotia ... delightful :-) and I hope you win the contest as I think you should invite a few blogging friends from around the world :-) :-) :-) lol. Hope you're well. I'm back in the land of the living as of today so expect me around lots more again!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Congratulations Shelagh! My husband wona Flip Video camera a few years ago and we did noy=t ike it --the sound quality was terrible and we had to upload it to a strange web site that ran off color videos. I hope they improved the quality and the uploading options!

I'll try to vote for you as often as I can!

Jess said...

I didn't realize you won one! Congratulations!