Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hurricane Bill


Monty, blissfully unaware of the rain outside:)

Bill is here, just brushing the southern tip of Nova Scotia before moving up the coast. We've got another 4 hours before it reaches it's peak here in Halifax. Still a hurricane but turning into a tropical storm. Big storm sea surge expected, 4 meters ( 12ft) greater than usual because Bill hits at high tide. Lawrencetown beach is closed because of the dangerous surf and rip tides, also because some surfers are crazy and are trying to get out there and ride those waves!

Here is the Peggy's Cove live webcam. Wow, those waves are something. You can see people driving by ocasionally taking a look. I'm going to go tomorrow I think. The surf will still be high. Hard to believe this is the same sunny cove I posted a couple of days ago.
The rain comes in waves and the wind as well. Trees are bopping crazily. There is something exciting about a big blow like this!
Here is today's reminder to vote for RAP DITTY! Thanks SO MUCH for all the votes so far. I really appreciate it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh to be a cat :) Yes it IS exciting. I just hate to see all those trees damaged. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Kathy said...

I've been thinking about all of you coast dwellers. Hopefully it won't be too destructive.

Loth said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and all the local trees!

Sara said...

Glad you are safe - I was wondering how you were doing when I heard it was headed your way.

Voted again today...you are getting a lot of votes!!!