Monday, August 31, 2009

yes


Don't you just immediately feel like sinking into this chair. Aaah....
Yes, relax! One of those things that is of such vital importance to our health and well being, yet so hard to accomplish at times.
I have just been asked to speak for an hour at the Contemporary Art Society's first meeting of this season. Yikes. It is this Thursday night! I am nervous and wondering what on earth I have to say that might be of interest to a room full of artists. I will probably talk about blogging and selling art on the internet. It is only an hour.......right........
In other news, an artist friend of mine, Jen Worden attempted the Louisville Ironman Race yesterday (her son ran too). She wanted to really challenge herself and do something to mark 50 years of age. Wow, what an amazing and strong woman. I have been following her training progress since she started and have been inspired and awed by her! She injured herself prior to the race, a torn meniscus, ouch, serious but she decided look after it carefully and then race as best she could.
Swim 3.8k/2.4miles, Bike 180K/112miles, Run 42K/26.2miles!!!!! Last thing I heard yesterday Jen was halfway through the run but I did not see her name amongst the finishers. I know that will be a hard blow for her after all her hard work and I hope all is well. I just want to say how proud I am of her, she is definitely one of my heroines!!! Jen you rock!!! You really do!

And again...vote for Rap Ditty Nova Scotia if you can:) Thanks for the votes so far:) We are in 4th place (hooray) but need about 35,00 votes to win......It is all about numbers unfortunately, not the videos.

5 comments:

Moose said...

Your talk will go FINE! Keep us posted...I'll keep voting. Tail Wags to All.
~Moose

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...what an honor shelagh...i mean for the artists to get to hear you...sure wish i was one of them. wishing you loads of success and lots of fun! xo, mickey

Anonymous said...

Shelagh, in a nutshell... What guidelines does an artist have to follow in order to practice 'contemporary art?'

aliceinparis said...

lol, I have no idea what guidelines "contemporary art" follows. Any art created now is contemporary as far as I'm concerned. I've never been to one of their meetings.

aliceinparis said...

lol, I have no idea what guidelines "contemporary art" follows. Any art created now is contemporary as far as I'm concerned. I've never been to one of their meetings.