Saturday, January 2, 2010

snowy saturday


It's a winter wonderland out there! So pretty, so terrible to drive in. Right now I can hear ice pellets pinging my windows. Today and tomorrow .... snow, ice ,rain, repeat. A real Nor'Easter. I've been watching the always cheerful Chris St. Clair on the Weather Network describing it. He makes it seem like fun:) Love that guy!

I was out shoveling this morning, good way to get some exercise in but whew:) Cleared off the bird feeder. Those little guys get hungry this time of year. I don't know how they manage in storms like this.
Made some mjuddrah yesterday for good luck. It is a Lebanese dish with lentils and rice and caramelized onions. Eating lentils on January 1 is considered lucky, attracts prosperity:) I think it is because they look like tiny coins. I will have some of that for lunch with chopped tomatoes and feta. Yum.

This afternoon I am going to try my hand at painting:) Finally!! I've been doing everything but....

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like a good time to hibernate!

Kathy said...

Pretty pictures! The lentil dish sounds yummy and hey if it helps...sounds like a good idea too! Happy painting!