Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday



Getting back to basics. For some reason I am out of sync with myself these days. Have had trouble getting back into a routine since the holidays. I cannot seem to get out of my own way. So...... this post is a reminder to myself to get with the program! Time to get organized, sweep away the fluff and just get on with it :)

This is a shot from the Bluenose Resturant. Serving customers since 1964. A great place to eat in downtown Halifax. Basic good diner food with a bit of Greek thrown in for variety. Bluenose is a term for people from Nova Scotia. Some say the name gets it's origins from the blue noses of the fishermen who worked on the big Grand Bank schooners. In the winter they wore blue woolen mitts and would be wiping their noses in the cold staining them blue in the process. The Bluenose is also the name of a very famous racing schooner that was built here and graces the face of the Canadian ten cent piece. A replica still sails and is seen here in the Harbour each summer.

11 comments:

Babette Fraser Hale said...

I'm having a tough time getting back into a routine, too. For me, it's the peaceful, creative things that get shoved aside, to ill effect on my outlook. Here's to better!

Flor Larios Art said...

Yes, it is hard to get back in track, but just push it a little each day and soon you will be there.
Great photo!
Makes me want to eat some tomatoes with salt & peper.

Sherry said...

I think sometimes we try too hard to get back in the swing of things, it will come, don't rush it. In the US, the specialties of a dinner are called the blue plate special. that would sure fit here.

Loth said...

Oh! I love the Bluenose! That is where my husband and I had our first ever meal in Nova Scotia! We had arrived the night before and awoke to discover that a hurricane was about to land - didn't stop us doing the whole tourist bit in Halifax before scuttling off to the Annapolis Valley though! We came back years later and took our 2 children to the Bluenose for dinner. Thanks for the memory!

Sara said...

I love that photo...so simple! See now all that info on Bluenose is very interesting! I love to know stuff like that.

I hope you start to feel better!!!

Moose said...

My human mom and dad LOVE the Bluenose! and their visits during Celtic Colours.

Kathy said...

I have days like that. I made myself a plan for 2009 and then made myself daily to do lists. I'm doing much better this way. I don't get everything done, but it does help to guide me and keep me on course.

Set yourself a small goal for tomorrow and work toward it. You'll feel great when you accomplish it...even if it's small. You'll get back on track. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

It does take an awfully long time to get back in to the swing of things after the holidays, doesn't it? The cold and short days don't help us in the motivation department either. Here's hoping you have a great weekend and a super productive week next week...the first week of February! Time flies! xoxoxo

Sue said...

Love the picture...makes me want to get up and go visit a diner somewhere....

Janet said...

what a beautiful shot; so clear and sparkling!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I feel the same way Shelagh! For some reason I'm always behind and out of sync lately. Hmmmm...