Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday


1941. This was an ad for paper plates. It is so very odd. I realize that the pattern is a nautical one, but what an unlikely scenario. Sitting on the dock with picnic paraphernalia and no food. Man standing in the water..."Hey honey, nice plates." ( he's probably in a boat, right?lol) I love her bracelet!


McCall, HOMEMAKING COVER,1944


McCall Style & Beauty Cover, 1942


McCall Homemaking Cover,Jinx Falkenberg in California,1938

These are all the work of Nickolas Muray(American 1892-1965) and are part of the George Eastman House Collection.I am fascinated by them.

Last night I played Trivial Pursuit for the first time in years! What a great time. I am surprised by what I knew and what I didn't know. Brains are so strange. Who knows what info is stored in there waiting for a reason to pop out. I must say that I do enjoy playing board games, don't do it enough. I forget how much fun it is sitting around with a bunch of people plotting and gabbing and laughing. The strangest things come up. I think Pictionary is my fave game.

Don't Forget...4 days until my birthday giveaway!!

6 comments:

Kim Caro said...

oooh a birthday give-away gotta check this out! from seeing what you like from those ads i gotta get in this one!

Anonymous said...

I love the paper plates ad. They must have taken inspiration from Jesus, because I don't see a boat.

Kathy said...

Great photos. What fun. I hate games of any kind, but I always end up playing and having fun. I'm kind of shy in groups and don't like making a fool out of myself or having people look at me. We girls usually rock at Pictionary and the guys get rather upset...that's half the fun!

Suzie Ridler said...

I love these images! Nautical paper plates, who knew? My husband would have wanted those, LOL. Talk about an unnatural image though, still, charming in its own way.

Glad you helped rescue the birds too!

hmstrjam said...

love the old photos, especially the skier, reminds me of those old Tamara Lipinska paintings!
cheers
Jamie

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Those are all such interesting magazine covers! Is there an online link to to see more of thre Kodak collection or is it aonly in book form? Thanks!