Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday bits and bobs



Early this morning outside my front window. We had snow again last night but a lovely soft graceful amount.

Neat story. Remember how I was a bit annoyed with myself. I had decided to pull up my boot straps and get on with getting healthier etc. I had a friend over and we were having fun on the Wii, she suggested getting a small rebounder/mini trampoline to use for the running segment of the Wii fit. I thought that was a great idea. I do have one but need a new one because mine has sprung a few springs and was left outside on the deck under all the snow. Well, I was delivering a load of stuff to Value Village which is a charity depot and up pulls a big van behind me. Out comes the driver carrying a beautiful new rebounder! Wow I said, "I was going to buy one of those." He said "It's yours! My wife has only used it a couple of times." "Would you like a George Forman grill too?" "Yes!!!!"How cool was that, I might not keep the grill but I really want to try it out:) , we shall see. The Universe handing me what I need as a gift:)

Also, thanks to Marsha Jorgensen of Tumble Fish Studio for featuring me! What a nice surprise. She is a talented collage artist in California.

Another link I would love to share is the concert I attended last month with Shannon Quinn. It is available HERE, Concerts on Demand at CBC Radio. Click on "play all tracks" to hear the whole thing with her banter between songs. I think she did all right for an eighteen year old! She is so talented. You can play and listen to it as you browse other sites on your computer.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful and unexpected gift! (and congratulations for getting some organizing done and stuff brought to V.V.!) I hope that you are having a lovely Sunday. xoxo

Anonymous said...

You know, I've never believed in ask the universe for what you want and you shall receive, yet it must be true! Congrats on the wonderful gifts!

I was so inspired by this blog, that I thought to keep with the trend of sharing "free" tips: Since you are trying to get healthy, I found this meal-planning calender called Nicely Nourished and basically it has dinner ideas and incorporates items you would already have in your kitchen. It just helps to organize things and answer the dreaded question: "What's for dinner?"

Here's the link where I found it: http://www.savvymom.ca/index.php/newsletter/tor_toronto_the_savvy_guide_to_february2/

I think it's under the GET section.

Take care!
Vicky

Sue said...

They aren't as generous over at the Goodwill...if you see something good going into the donation door they make sure it gets inside before you can claim it...even if someone offers it to you??

PSUMommy said...

Oh, I love it when things work out so well like that! I'm trying to make changes and get healthier myself, too, but I can't stop baking...

Jennifer said...

Value Village! I frequented Value Village when we lived in Washington state. I LOVE that place and miss it. I found so many treasures there.

Congratulations on your treasures.

Mary said...

Haha, I WANT A GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL! I mean, I better not because as you pulled up your boot straps mine would get too small, but still, I love the idea of karma that this proves! I always get immense satisfaction out of getting rid of bags of things I no longer need, only to be replaced very shortly after.

I love the Cherry Blossom girl (so magical!) and I love that you blog. When Hayley told me I replied "That's so funny and so random but so Shelagh!" Hurrah! :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Shelagh, you did indeed encounter some lucky serendipity!

I do hope to be able to meet you in Manhattan for coffee or tea when you visit! Keep me informed:)

Alice said...

Isn't it funny how sometimes things just come along when we need them! I love stories like that :-)

I had a go on a wii at a friend's house over Christmas and I would really like one now! Not sure it would fit in the camper if we decide to head off again though ... lol.

Hope you're well! Alice

PS, The snow looks truly lovely and I particularly love the way you describe it as a 'lovely soft graceful amount' ... that is such a nice description!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Wow! I wish I could run into people conveniently giving away things I just decided to buy! Darn! That never happens to me, until after I buy it. Then 10-12 people offer me what I just bought. You must have good karma.

And, I love that you Wii! I Wii too. (that doesn't sound quite right, does it?) I just bought the Wii fit with my first proceeds from selling art before Christmas. I need to use it more than I have been. I love Wii.

Have a good Wednesday!
marsha

Babette Fraser Hale said...

How amazing to receive the thing you wanted like that! Clearly you're doing the right things for it to come around so nicely. (I also loved the fruit tart and chili menu, and this photo of the snow and light is fabulous.