Sunday, December 13, 2009

great gift


Yesterday I bought myself an early Christmas present! A wonderful copy of From Land and Sea, It is a collection of work from over 65 of Nova Scotia's contemporary landscape painters and it is gorgeous. I am tucking it away and won't look at it until Dec. 25th. Promise! There was a book signing at Argyle Fine Art Gallery and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to purchase it. Now I just have to track down all the other artists!

Here are Mark Brennan (my pal:), Gordon MacDonald, Dee Appleby( the author), Steven Rhude and Shelley Mitchell. A true powerhouse of talent assembled here!

I will keep this wee announcement here on my blog until Dec 30th. BustaMove BIG PRIZE DRAW For a mere $10 you can help purchase a digital mammogram machine & be entered in our fabulous draw. Help make the boobs of Nova Scotian women merry! Prizes are continuing to be added:)
Latest is tickets to a taping of This Hour Has 22 Minutes. Winner takes all. Only 20 tickets sold to date!!! Great odds!

December Views

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Nice gift for you Shelagh! I am headed out to go shopping with my daughter this morning....I believe I see some fabric coming my way as a nice little Merry HOHO for me! Have an awesome day!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That looks like a beautiful gallery -- love its rich, warm wood!

Sara said...

When I come up there to visit - I would love for you to show me that gorgeous gallery! (Of course, it might be 10 years from now!)

That is a perfect gift for you! It looks like a wonderful book - and it is the type of book I would buy for myself, too..

Gill said...

Well Merry Christmas to you!!! Good one, no peeking!
xo