Monday, December 14, 2009

it is that time of year....


Spring Garden Road is a lovely street with shops and coffee places and interesting side streets to explore. This is the window of Mills Brothers, an old family business that has been around for years and years. Recently it was sold and the new owners have done a bit of modernizing.The light is odd because it is actually sunlight reflecting off the buildings behind me spilling across the street and illuminating this scene. Quite cool really. On the far right just out of sight is a window with a charming display that has captivated the people in Halifax every December for 40 plus years!



Yes, it is Snow White. If you look at her closely, you can see her wee bosom rise and fall softly so you can tell she is just sleeping:) The dwarves have diamond tears.



Prize Draw! I will keep this wee announcement here on my blog until Dec 30th. BustaMove BIG PRIZE DRAW For a mere $10 you can help purchase a digital mammogram machine & be entered in our fabulous draw. Help make the boobs of Nova Scotian women merry! Prizes are continuing to be added:)
Latest is tickets to a taping of This Hour Has 22 Minutes. Winner takes all. Only 20 tickets sold to date!!! Great odds!

December Views

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love shopping on Spring Garden Road whenever I'm in Halifax!

Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Thank you for the memory - going to see Snow White in Mills window was a Christmas time must! When I was younger, in the '40s and '50s, at the foot of Spring Garden Road and Barrington, the Power Company had an animated window of Santa's elves. Another must see!
Spring Garden Road is a favourite, as I trained at the VG and it was nearby.
As I age, I find that memories are the most wonderful part of life! Peg

Judith said...

Oh yes, up and around Spring Garden Road is one of my favourites - but I wonder why it is just a "road"?

Haddock said...

Nice happy happy pictures