Saturday, April 25, 2009


Monet's garden in May. Giverny, France
I am working on my wee messy yard today. Would love to have a garden like this some day:) Wild, flowering, abundant and tangled.

This swine flu news is bothering me. If the New York students are confirmed, we will be in for a bumpy ride. What really gets me is the description of the virus. This swine flu contains DNA from avian, swine and human viruses, including elements from European and Asian swine viruses, the CDC has said. Almost sounds engineered:((

I'm going to bury myself in Spring activities. Also might even get my car washed. H is helping with a charity car wash today. Perfect day for it!

5 comments:

April Jarocka said...

Your photos of plants are beautiful Shelagh. I've always dreamed of an English Cottage garden. Wild and wonderful.All the best with yours!

Kathy said...

That garden is awesome. I dream of a flowering yard one day. That swine flu thing is crazy! Don't really understand how all of that strange stuff comes about. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it comes and goes quickly.

daisies said...

that is my dream garden too :-) one day ...

and yes, this swine flu is bothering me, guess its a wait and see at this point, sigh

susanna said...

That is a gorgeous garden!! Sigh...to have something like that on my balcony... No wonder Monet created such beautiful paintings...what a wonderful setting.

Sophias Correction said...

I would love a wild cottage garden like that too... you have a really beautiful blog and I enjoy checking in on your post very much - happy Spring happy garden growing (0: