Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ready, set, cook


Gosh, it's been raining and raining and now it is foggy with more rain later. I'm quite pleased actually. All the snow will be gone and the gardens and plants will be primed nicely for the sun when it appears:) I'm hoping to take advantage of the gloomy day to get some cleaning done! A neverending task, but hopefully I can make some forays into new territory. You know, the stuff you always mean to get around to but get sidetracked by other stuff:)
That picture up above is the cover of my cookbook:) Yep. Chock full of recipes that I had floating around on bits of paper and my friend's and family's best potluck meals. All of them simple with easy ingredients. I put it together a few years ago and had a lot of fun. It is self published through Trafford Publishing. It sells here in a few gift stores. I have not marketed it all really, it was more of a labor of love. Something I had always wanted to do. I sell Nova Scotia Potluck also through my etsy store. Best to purchase it there because I have them in stock and Amazon has to order from the publisher. I even managed to squeeze in some art throughout the pages.


Here is one of the recipes. Sometimes I garnish it with flowers.

If you've made it all the way down to here, here's a fun wee slide show with sound celebrating fiddler John Afton Mclellan's 101 Birthday! 25 fiddlers played Happy Birthday to him. He greeted all two hundred guests by name, had a few dances and played a few tunes. He lives alone with his cat, Bow. Just click anywhere on this paragraph to see it:)

9 comments:

Moose said...

The video was fabulous! He looks great with the fiddle. I will look at the cookbook too... got so entranced with the birthday party.
Tail Wags and snowballs from Colorado.
~Moose

The Tuckamore Tree said...

Happy 101st Birthday John Afton McLellan.
What a delightful video!
I really enjoyed viewing it.
Your cookbook looks lovely the pictures add a great touch..

Kathy said...

Awesome that you have a cookbook. Headed out to dinner right now, but I'll be back to have a listen!

Moose said...

I just came back home from the Leahy concert and thought of the great John Afton McLellan birthday again!!
Tail Wags Again,
Moose

Anonymous said...

Hi - I'm here today for two reasons! Thanks for your funny comments on my blog... I laughed at the hidden from wife postcard thing... I think you're absolutely right!! And... I'de love to buy your cookbook, have been enjoying your periodic recipe posts and this will be great to have here at home. Thank you!

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

Hi Shelagh; Thanks for stopping by my blog and I loved this video...what a great man. He has attained what many of us want...a legacy of love from family and friends. As far as the cook book, you already know I'm hooked...I can't wait to get mine in the mail:) Thanks for sharing! Mickey

Loth said...

So which gift stores does your book sell through? (remember I am going to be hovering around your neighbourhood in July!)

Sara said...

That was an awesome video - how wonderful to be 101!

The cookbook covers are awesome. I'll have to check them out...

Kenna Elizabeth said...

Yum! Going to have to try this recipe- sounds delightful! And how heartwarming the Bday video was. :)